gcc5-devel question

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 10 16:31:00 UTC 2015

I just did a 'pkg upgrade -y' when I noticed upgraded LibGL available. I
was hoping it might include static versions of libGL/GLU/GLw, but no
such luck. However, pkg did reinstall gcc5-devel-5.2.1.s20151124 due to
changed options. I cd'ed to /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel & poked around a
bit. I saw no files or directories dated today, the latest was dated Dec
02, the last time I upgraded & did a 'make install'. I did a find in
/usr/ports & /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel was all there was. Did the
compiler indeed get reinstalled ? If so, where :-) ?

Also, when I did a 'make showconfig', it showed graphite support ready
to go (*yippeeee*, kudos), but no executable that I could locate on
short notice. Do I still need to compile it up, or is there an
executable ready to go somewhere not-so-obvious to me :-) ?

When I last compiled it up last week, I did a 'make install
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=1' which overwrote /usr/local/bin/gcc5 (not a huge
issue, but still ....), how do I tell it to install the executable under
a different name ? BTW, I am *NOT* particularly familiar w/ the 'GNU
way', so pardon me if this is a bit noobish :-/ .... TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III