ZFSROOT UEFI boot

Steven Hartland steven at multiplay.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 12:41:19 UTC 2015

Ive literally just got this working on 10.2 after working on the code
posted on the review which you can find here:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4104

If you're happy running current then the patch file I linked in my comment
should apply cleanly and just work.

If you want 10.x then there's quite a bit more needed. As I said I do have
this working so can post patches when I'm back in the office.

Either way once applied a standard efi install just works. Essentially
create efi partition and use gpart to install the efi bootcode and away you
go.

I've just used this with a custom mfsbsd iso to perform and 10.2-RELEASE
ZFS boot install on some Intel nvme disks setup as raidz2, which only
support efi boot.