Synchronizing directory hierarchies via SFTP

Patrick Hess patrickhess at gmx.net
Mon Dec 7 21:13:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

what command-line tool could you recommend if you were in the need
to synchronize a complete directory hierarchy from your local system
to a remote server via SFTP? In the past, I was always able to use
tools like cpdup or rsync for this kind of job, but this time SFTP
is the only game in town.  :-(

I actually had a hard time finding anything useful. The only thing
that came up so far is https://www.csync.org, which compiles fine on
FreeBSD and does exactly what I need. Unfortunately, there doesn't
seem to exist a port yet. There's net/csync2, but that's completely
unrelated to www.csync.org.

So before I go and create a new port for csync, is there anything
similar already available in the ports?

Thanks.

Patrick