Migrating to FreeBSD from Debian

Paul Stuffins freebsd at ravexdata.com
Mon Dec 7 14:20:06 UTC 2015

Hi Everybody,

Over the last couple of years I have tried many times to dump Debian and
move to FreeBSD, but every time I have succumbed to Debian's charms and not
stuck with FreeBSD.

One of my main frustrations is upgrading installed ports, on Debian I just
need to run "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade", but I have never
been able to work out how to upgrade installed ports.

As 2016 is fast approaching I want to finally move to FreeBSD and stay with
FreeBSD, so my question is, what is the best or most efficient way of
upgrading all ports on a FreeBSD machine?

Many Thanks
Paul