Mouse & Keyboard not working in Virtual Box VM

John Aten welcome.to.eye.o.rama at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:34:34 UTC 2015

On Dec 5, 2015, at 11:18 PM, Warren Block wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Dec 2015, John Aten wrote:
>
>> After installing Enlightenment, I ran X -configure,
>
> Why?  The very first thing to try is letting X detect hardware and autoconfig.  That means running it without any xorg.conf at all

I didn't know that. I was having the problem before I ran X -configure, and when I was researching it I thought that this was a step I missed. The keyboard and mouse do not work, though, whether with no xorg.conf, with the one I previously posted, or with an xorg.conf containing only the suggested lines:

>> Section "InputDevice"
>> 	Identifier  "Mouse0"
>> 	Driver      "vboxmouse"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Section "Device"
>> 	Identifier  "Card0"
>> 	Driver      "vboxvideo"
>> EndSection

The VM won't boot at all now. I am not sure what happened, but I think it must have something to do that I synced the wrong version of the source. I am going to download another vm image and start over. Maybe that will fix the problem.

Thanks for the information.

John