Mouse & Keyboard not working in Virtual Box VM

John Aten welcome.to.eye.o.rama at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:10:04 UTC 2015

On Dec 6, 2015, at 12:14 AM, Colin House wrote:

> On 6/12/2015 12:15 PM, John Aten wrote:
>> Dec  5 07:33:31  kernel: KLD vboxguest.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
>> Dec  5 07:33:33  root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start vboxservice
>
> I had the same problem while rebuilding a few test machines today.
>
> In my case I'd installed 10.2-RELEASE but then grabbed the 10-STABLE source to build emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions via svn.
>
> From there a buildworld & buildkernel (and install, obviously) to bring the system up to 10-STABLE did the trick.

I did that exact same thing. I attempted to follow the instructions at https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/makeworld.html , but ran into errors when running `make buildkernel`. I didn't manage to get the errors copied down, but in any case the VM won't boot at all now. I am just going to download a new image and start over.

Thanks for your help!

John