OSS in jail

Jake milios at ccsys.com
Sun Dec 6 20:19:32 UTC 2015

> On Dec 6, 2015, at 2:51 PM, Anton Sayetsky <vsasjason at gmail.com> wrote:

> <schultz at ime.usp.br>:
>> Sorry, I meant write-only mode.
> If a user has write access, how do you want to prevent him to set permissions?

I think that's what he's asking us, the general community. Maybe not for a solution as simple as the standard device nodes and permissions, since he also described his use case as the actual goal. Without actually forming a specific plan for u in detail, a setup involving network send/receive and on a solution such as what Jack2 (and others) provide comes to mind. That may work for you Fernando or it may not be low-level enough to fit all your desires. Perhaps a simpler solution using the append-only file flag would suffice and disallowing the jail to change flags is workable. See allow.chflags in man 8 jail and/or man 5 jail.conf. I believe there's a global setting and a per jail setting.

I'm interested in hearing about what solutions you/we can come up with.