Cleaning obsolete files after make installworld

Luís Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira schultz at ime.usp.br
Sat Dec 5 20:09:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have edited /etc/src.conf to remove software which is not useful
to me. After compiling and installing the world, I have launched the
check-old, delete-old and delete-old-libs targets of /usr/src/Makefile.

However, several old files still remain in the system. For example,
I have included WITHOUT_INETD in /etc/src.conf, but after peforming the
above procedure, the file /usr/sbin/inetd was still there, with a
modification time that predates the installation of the system.

What is the standard procedure for removing these stale files?
I have used the -mtime option of find to locate and remove them, but
I doubt this is the recommended approach.

Thanks.