/etc files

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sun Aug 30 21:19:33 UTC 2015

On 08/30/15 13:32, doug at safeport.com wrote:

> On RELEASE FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE #0 r274401 there is no /etc/enabled.
> What sequence causes this to be created?
>
> I frequently generate files with weird names by being careless with
> the mouse, ie doing a cut-and-paste and an immediate double-click that
> catches some portion of the screen above the command line. If you can
> reboot nothing fatal was done. You can usually pick out all such files
> by 'ls -lt | head -<some n>'. Any files past your last intensional
> change would be suspect. Any zero length files were created in some
> fashion similar to this.

I *think* that may have been the case here given the dates on the files
(Sep., 2014), that's when I was still relatively new to FreBSD & I know
I made some mistakes during configuration, & that's probably what
happened. Inception date for this box was apparently Jul 10, 2014, & I
had quite a few foulups during original build & configuration. Thanks :-).

--

	William A. Mahaffey III