Stop using a SATA drive

Chris Stankevitz chrisstankevitz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 20:17:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> But on the other hand, what's wrong with _ignoring_ a
> device file you don't want to have anything to do with?

>From my OP:

> I imagine I would feel confident that nothing is using it
> if the drive disappeared from /dev

My only interest in the device file going away was that I would
suddenly become confident that it is not in use (e.g. by smartd,
gpart, etc).  If there is another way to become confident that a
device is not in use then that would be okay too.

"Device file disappearing" would only be useful to me if it happened
before the drive was "ejected", not after.

Chris