how to change daily cron emails to go to user account instead of root

Alexander Moisseev moiseev at mezonplus.ru
Thu Aug 27 13:02:42 UTC 2015

On 27.08.2015 15:41, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> The part that is not clear is where do I place this MAILTO environment variable?

Have you seen the EXAMPLE CRON FILE section of the man 5 crontab?

EXAMPLE CRON FILE
      # use /bin/sh to run commands, overriding the default set by cron
      SHELL=/bin/sh
      # mail any output to `paul', no matter whose crontab this is
      MAILTO=paul
      #
      # run five minutes after midnight, every day
      5 0 * * *       $HOME/bin/daily.job >> $HOME/tmp/out 2>&1