how to assure that a certain device (e.g. /dev/pass1) always is /dev/pass1 on subsequent reboots?

Raimund Sacherer raimund.sacherer at logitravel.com
Thu Aug 27 10:47:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

I need to make sure that certain devices always have their corresponding device names (like /dev/pass1) assigned. I need this for auto changers in our backup server (but not only there).

I have vastly more linux knowledge and there you can for example create udev rules which rename the device to what you need. What is the equivalent way on FreeBSD? Loader hints?

Thank you
Best
Ray