FreeBSD 10.2 custom unattended installation
sparvu at kronometrix.org
Mon Aug 24 22:29:00 UTC 2015
We are planning to use FreeBSD + Kronometrix  as a ready image.
For that we are planning to modify the original ISO image and add
our own software to it.
We want users to perform a basic FreeBSD installation from the ISO image
CD or USB, but answering to some questions only, not all.
For example, we want to ask interactively:
* the keymap
* the networking configuration
* the storage ZFS by default (because we dont know the customer storage)
* and the root password
the rest being automated. I understood we need to modify the original
ISO by adding our bits. Some questions:
1. Should we create a /etc/installerconfig file, where we shall have our
2. Should we define there something like ...
DISTRIBUTIONS="kernel.txz base.txz kronometrix.txz"
echo "Running post installation"
3. Can we run interactive and non-interactive tasks withing the
installerconfig file ? Where is this documented ? bsdinstall seems
short in explanations and descriptions regarding this part.
 - www.kronometrix.org
Stefan Parvu <sparvu at kronometrix.org>
More information about the freebsd-questions