unbound setup questions

Antoine Kallab antoine at kallab.com
Tue Aug 18 19:26:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I can't seem to get unbound to resolve DNS requests coming from any
machine other than localhost. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, and
would appreciate some guidance.

The other computer that's asking for resolution has an IP address of
10.33.2.2/24.
It can ping Internet IP addresses, it just can't resolve domain names.
Its address, DNS, and gateway settings are all being handled by the
DHCP server also running on my BSD server.

(It felt impolite dumping all of my files in to an E-Mail, so I put
them on Pastebin. Hope that's okay)

Here's my /var/unbound/unbound.conf:
http://pastebin.com/ZKqsn5dV

The relevant sections of my /etc/rc.conf that deal with setting
addresses for the NICs:
http://pastebin.com/n5RxzePF

Here is my /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf:
http://pastebin.com/CQydK4MC

I double and triple checked to make sure my firewall wasn't getting in the way.
But just in case, here's my /etc/pf.conf:
http://pastebin.com/Ews1t9QN

Thanks in advance.

-antoine