firefox hello as alternative to skype?

Frank Staals frank at fstaals.net
Tue Aug 18 12:35:00 UTC 2015

Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bris.ac.uk> writes:

> I'm having no luck getting any of the skype ports to work.
> In the meantime I found that Firefox Hello is advertised
> as an alternative:
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/hello/
>
> I still cannot find the "Firefox Hello Button" on my firefox-40.0_4,1.
> Has anybody used Firefox Hello?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anton

I've used it a few times. It actually seems to work quite well. I've
used only the 'no-logins just share the url to video-chat'
functionality. So then if you want to start a conversation you
(obviously) do need a way to communicate the url beforehand. Usually via
some other IM service :).

Regards,

--

- Frank