IPFW and Bash

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Sat Aug 15 13:16:04 UTC 2015

FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p17

When booting up, this message is displayed:

Shared object "libintl.so.8" not found, required by "bash"
Shared object "libintl.so.8" not found, required by "bash"
Firewall rules loaded.
Firewall logging enabled.
ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/lib/compat /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/lib/dovecot
/usr/local/lib/gcc48 /usr/local/lib/graphviz /usr/local/lib/libxul /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/lib/nss /usr/local/lib/pth /usr/local/lib/qt4 /usr/local/lib
exec/openldap /usr/local/llvm33/lib /usr/local/llvm34/lib /usr/local/llvm35/lib
32-bit compatibility ldconfig path: /usr/lib32 /usr/local/lib32/compat
Creating and/or trimming log files.

This message only appears if I configured "ipfw"  to load at bootup. Bash;
however, run just fine. I assume this is a useless warning; however, I would
like to know why it only occurs if "ipfw" loads.

Thanks!

--
Carmel