Permissions problem for sane

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.uk
Thu Aug 6 11:54:10 UTC 2015

My first posting to this list. I've been using 10.1 for a couple of
months on my Thinkpad T60 without problems.

Trying to get my Epson 1650 scanner to work, I found it was only
detected as root. It's at /dev/usb:/dev/ugen0.2

After googling, I found instructions on Freebsd manual for 8.7, which
involved creating a usb group and making/modifying /etc/devfs.rules.
This didn't work.

I then added myself to the wheel and operator groups but again no
result.

Should I modify the permissions on /dev/ugen0.2?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell			http://www.acampbell.uk