windows entry for grub2

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Aug 5 09:17:38 UTC 2015

Quoting Cary <cary at sdf.org>:

> It looks ok.  Not much trouble.   We'll know when you reboot.
> In meantime you might also run
>
> $ grub-probe --target=fs_uuid --device /dev/ada0p5
>
> If the command returns a uuid you might be able to use it in
> the grub.cfg that you have.

Thanks for this. It did, and it was different from the one I'd gotten
from gpart. I was wondering why the example I'd found for directly
from gpart. I now have:

home-desktop% cat /usr/local/etc/grub.d/42_custom
menuentry "Windows 10 (loader) (on /dev/ada0p5)" --class windows --class os {
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ntfs
	insmod ntldr
	set root='(hd0,msdos1)'
	search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 3CE002FBE002BAE2 ntldr
($root)/bootmgr }

I'm getting closer to where I can try a reboot. But still in the
middle of one last thing.

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>