ZFS-FreeBSD 10.1 -zpool degraded/5638733535486357169 REMOVED 0 0 0 was /dev/label/z3

Motty Cruz motty.cruz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 21:36:08 UTC 2015

Thanks Ricky,

yes you're right, I am using : Dual controller (J2600sD)
http://www.promise.com/us/Products/Vess/J2000

I have two FreeBSD 10.1 machines connected through SAS LSI card, to the
JBOD.
Both Servers mount the drivers, however zpool is mounted only on Master
machine.

I confirm that rebooting slave machine, zpool on the Master machine
reports driver "REMOVED" error and zpool goes into degraded mode.

to get the zpool back on-line/clear the errors, I had to run "zpool
clear tank". however, this can corrupt data once this machine go into
production.

I have a similar setup but running FreeBSD 8.2, that problem does not
exist in FreeBSD 8.2.

am posting this information in case someone out there can help me fix
this error.

Thanks,