Bacula and perl 5.20

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:00:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it> wrote:

> On 04/23/15 08:32, Michael Schuster wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

> Hello.
>

>  you need to tell people (no, not me in private ;-), what "stop working"
>> looks like in detail.
>>

> Right, sorry.
> In the logs I get:
>
>> BeforeJob: env: perl: No such file or directory
>>

> Running "env perl" from the command line seems to work however.

what does that mean in detail?
what does "which perl" print out?

I'd suggest that for a test, you replace your script with a simple one that
does
----- begin
which perl
echo $PATH
----- end
(make it executable!) and see what it does if you call it the same way you
usuall call your script

>  A guess: is /usr/local/bin in your standard PATH (or rather, the path
>> that the script sees)?
>>

> In my path: yes.
> In the script path: I don't know.
>
> I now realize that 5.20 does not install "/usr/bin/perl", which was an
> option (which I had enabled) in 5.16.

HTH

--
Michael Schuster