Use "kdesu" in KDE

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Mon Apr 13 10:52:12 UTC 2015

On Monday 13 Apr 2015 02:58:36 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I don't want to boot FreeBSD now. Are you sure that xhost isn't needed
> for kdesu on FreeBSD, if you run something as another user, excepted
> root?

Yes, it works fine using "/usr/local/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu -u username -c
xterm" where username can be any valid user, including root.

Incidentally another workaround for running X applications as any other user,
including root,  without needing xhost or copying .Xauthority is to configure
ssh to support X11 forwarding in ~/.ssh/config and run "ssh
username at localhost".

--
Mike Clarke