email address being harvested from ports website

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 10 23:12:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 01:39:16PM -0700, Mel Pilgrim wrote:

> If you want to curtail spam to your maintainer address, use a gmail account.
> Google's spam filters are very good at filtering out the black- and grey-hat
> spam that gets sent to maintainer addresses.

LOL -> 110% effective in my opinion, with very little opportunity to
send false positives back to them (about 1 time in 10).  So if you
use gmail, check your spam "folder" frequently.  So far, the most
egregious example I've seen was a -rc release announcement from a
certain Mr Torvalds : on this list that would certainly be regarded
as O/T, but google made that identification on the linux kernel list
;-)

Unfortunately, the address I'm using here comes via virginmedia who
outsourced email to google - lots of supposedly adult messages get
trapped there, but regrettably not the spam from this list.  Oh well,
at least there are usually only a few spams per day at the moment.

ĸen