Apache, svn, dav, mp42 corruption

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Apr 7 17:10:27 UTC 2015

On Apr 6, 2015, at 10:07 PM, Da Rock <freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> In the logs I get 500 errors - "unable to deliver content".
> As I mentioned, other mp4 files seem to be fine - they even appear to be mp42 files as well. So I can't work out what is so different with these files that aren't.
> I've also tried with mod_h264_streaming on (not that it appears to be working as I would have expected).
> Any ideas on how to debug this one? I've tried my whole toolbox I think...

Make sure you've got cache-control and expires headers setup to a reasonable value for these media files.
Make sure that you're vending a valid Content-length, even for queries using the HEAD method.

(Streaming the files correctly in many of the current generation of browsers requires the content to be locally cacheable, at least for files bigger than ~1 MB in size.)

Regards,
--
-Chuck