Why does FreeBSD insist on https?

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Sat Apr 4 17:11:22 UTC 2015

On 4/4/15 12:52 PM, David Benfell wrote:
> Quoting Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro at gmail.com>:
>
>> Btw, did you also recevice direct chinese email right after posting
>> here?
>> ;-)
>
> I'm not sure if I received it this time. But I *have* been receiving
> it routinely after posting to FreeBSD-questions.
Various Chinese subscribers to the list feel a need to use an
auto-responder to cheerfully confirm receipt of your e-mail and are
using a tool, probably supplied by Sina, that is too brain-dead to not
send responses to mailing list mail.

I'm at two of them right now.

Jingzhou Sheng <jzsf at vip.sina.com> says:  I received your e-mail.  Thank
you.
Tao Brother Team <taogely at sina.com> says:  E-mail has been received.
Keep an eye on us for incentives, etc.

Both translations horribly loose with aid from Google Translate, but you
should get the gist of what's happening.  :-)

--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com