Bash Shellshock Bug

Sandeep Gangadharan1 sandegan at in.ibm.com
Tue Sep 30 08:44:18 UTC 2014

Hi Team

I am a Free BSD user and using Free BSD 6.2 user.

root at exi-data ~ # uname -a
FreeBSD exi-data.telstra.net 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Thu Oct  9
15:46:16 EST 2008     root at exi-data:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HP_DL380G5_EXI
i386
3:06pm root at exi-data ~ #

It seems my server has Bash Shellshock Bug issue.
3:02pm root at exi-data ~ # env x='() { :;}; echo vulnerable' bash -c "echo
this is a test"
vulnerable
this is a test
3:03pm root at exi-data ~ #

Can you please confirm where I can get the latest Bash RPM to fix this Bug.
I don't have a direct internet connection to my server. Can you please tell
me where I download and how to install the latest bash version.

Regards,

Sandeep Gangadharan
Linux System Administrator
Red Hat Certified Engineer, ITIL V3 Foundation
ITD GD, India

 Mobile: 91-9866-859808 | Phone: 91-40-4457-6849     (Embedded image moved to file:
 E-mail: sandegan at in.ibm.com                                       pic07785.gif)IBM

                                                     B4 Survey No 66/1 Raidurga Vil
                                                               Hyderabad, AP 500032
                                                                              India