pkg must be version 1.3.8 or greater

Brian W. brian at brianwhalen.net
Thu Sep 25 05:38:39 UTC 2014

FreeBSD doesnt build packages immediately when port updates happen. That is
reality we have to live with I believe. I wonder of today's bash issue will
modify that. At any rate, sInce I went to freebsd 10 I have been doing this.

portsnap fetch update && pkg upgrade && pkg version -vIL=

These 3 commands get me the latest ports tree, all available pkg updates,
and then I am told if there are any updates pending. At that point I can
either portupgrade pkgname or just wait.

Brian