Gpart: Adding mirror to existing zpool

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Tue Sep 23 13:29:45 UTC 2014

Hi.
I have added another HDD to my system and I want to mirror my existing zpool
named mydata on HDD1. I assume that both of the GPT partitions on either HDD
housing mydata should be the same size, but I am a bit lost as to how to run
gpart for this.

# gpart add -a 4k -s <what?> -i 3 ada2

Setting size parameter to output from "gpart show ada*1*p3", will not make
both of these partitions properly synced IMHO. What would be the solution
here?

I would like to set both GPT partitions to *exactly* the same (4k alligned)
size. ada1 is 4k alligned.

Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS