pkg cannot install both php5-pgsql and postgresql 9.3 server by default?

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Sep 23 08:00:11 UTC 2014

I need postgresql server 9.3 because I need to use materialized views. I
also need to access that server from PHP. But pkg won't install them
both at the same time. See below.

How to overcome this problem? Should I compile php5-pgsql from the ports
tree? But then I'll be mixing binary packages with ports, isn't that a
problem?

Thanks

     Laszlo

root at gw:~ # php install php5-pgsql
Could not open input file: install
root at gw:~ # pkg install php5-pgsql
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 4 packages will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
         postgresql93-client-9.3.5
         postgresql93-server-9.3.5

New packages to be INSTALLED: