Operation not supported by device

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Sat Sep 20 22:32:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 20:33:53 +0200
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> Did it go away during the update you mentioned? Did
> the update somehow remove ext2 support (in favour of
> using "fuse" tools)?
Thats what I suspect, yes.
Though I thougth fuse tools were for ext4fs, not ext2/ext3.

> Did you update your source tree? Check if the directory
> /usr/src/sbin/mount_ext2fs exists and if you can run
> a "make install" from there. The command should then
> be "mount_ext2fs" (not mount_ext2)
No, it doesn't exist. (and yes, I ment mount_ext2fs, my typo).

Thanks for now,

luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250