HELP! GEOM: ada0: the secondary GPT header is not in the last LBA

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Sat Sep 20 13:43:24 UTC 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:15:19 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> What happened?  Was this new partition just created, and with what
> tool? gpart normally will not allow creating partitions that
> overlap other structures.  Was dd(1) used to copy it from another
> disk?
>
> Is there data on this new partition?

Thanks for the reply, but I was actually able to repair the partition
table by using the gdisk tool, once I decided to just go for it.

As far as I can figure, I had booted into Windows 7 disk that I have
on this machine.  I was trying to format an external drive as
NTFS...something in disk manager must have screwed up the partition
table, even though this is not the disk I was working on.  I've had
this disk for 3 or 4 years and been in 3 different machines and never
had a problem with it. I think it was the 1st disk I ever used gpt
and labels on - thanks to your guide!

--
Rod

http://www.rodperson.com

He who knows himself to be one way and pretends it is another way is a
thief who robs his own soul.

  The Mahabharata
     Sakuntala 25