building an educational resource list

Kelly Campbell k.campbell at educatorlabs.org
Wed Sep 17 18:20:01 UTC 2014

Hi! I’m collecting a broad array of fun, educational resources after receiving several similar resource requests (http://educatorlabs.org/request-a-resource/) from educators across the nation. The common theme is a desire for fun, hands-on lessons to entertain and educate their students. So, I set off on a fun adventure to collect as many as possible.

I have several I want to share with you, in hopes you’ll share them with others on your site (maybe this page: http://nsa.kpu-m.ac.jp/gijutu/tex/linux/link.html?), but before I do, I wondered whether you had any you could recommend (other than those you’ve listed)? If not, no problem!

Here is the list so far - I hope you enjoy them as much as I have and that you’ll share them with your other visitors:

Learning and Teaching Resources
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/teachingresources/Pages/default.aspx

Crunch the Numbers: Do More Math, Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
http://www.scholastic.com/browse/unitplan.jsp?id=277

Calculators for Kids: Teach Children Math!
http://www.mortgagecalculator.org/helpful-advice/calculators-for-kids.php

ZoomSci: Science and Engineering Projects for Kids
http://pbskids.org/zoom/activities/sci/

The Kids' Guide to Simple Machines in Cars
https://www.kanetix.ca/simple-machines-in-cars

Wildlife and Nature Lesson Plans and Resources for Educators
http://www.nwf.org/what-we-do/kids-and-nature/educators.aspx

Forest Fire Safety and Prevention for Kids
http://www.treeremoval.com/kids-guide-to-forest-fires/

Kids Know It Network
http://www.kidsknowit.com/

Building & Rebuilding the White House
http://www.improvenet.com/a/story-of-building-and-rebuilding-white-house

And, here is a list of fun, educational resources on our site that I thought may be of interest to you:

Fun While Learning - Lesson Plans, Activities and Printables
http://educatorlabs.org/resources/listing-category/fun-educational-lesson-plans-activities-and-printables/

Thank you in advance for any contributions you have and for sharing these resources on your site!

Have a great remainder of the week!
Kelly

Kelly Campbell
k.campbell at educatorlabs.org
EducatorLabs.org :: Cultivating. Connecting. Curating.
EducatorLabs | 2054 Kildaire Farm Rd. #204 | Cary, NC | 27518

P.S. Please let me know in an email response if your inbox is overloaded! If that’s the case, I will make a note not to contact you in the future.