A lot of pkg problems

Radek Krejča radek.krejca at starnet.cz
Tue Sep 16 21:33:33 UTC 2014

> The amount of time people are willing to invest in "saving time" with
> packages is interesting.  In many cases, they could have built from
> ports and been done quicker overall, or at least with less user
> involvement.

Chmm. I like packages, because of saving time and should be safe for using on production servers - thats my idea. But now I am not able to use it, because a lot of packages are not working, as on the top of this thread described.

And this is complication for me - I rely on packages on production servers, where saving time is very important. Yes, I can create own repository and manage own packages but I like this idea. But this idea is not working for some weeks. Unhappy situation.

Radek