Using the ISO releases on USB sticks.

atar atar.yosef at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 13:19:01 UTC 2014

Hi!

Just yesterday I've read your article from your site:

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/disksetup.html

and I would want to know if you've written an article on how to build an 'img' file which has the same content as the 'disc1.iso' file but that will be bootable from a USB stick.

In addition, I'll be happy if you can tell me in more detail why does even after that I've extracted the content of the 'disc1.iso' file to a regular folder and then 'reassemble' it with the command (on Linux): 'xorriso -dev /tmp/my_FreeBSD_iso.iso -boot_image any system_area=boot/boot0 -add /path/to/the/extracted/disc1.iso/folder' and copy the new ISO file into my USB stick with the dd command and then I reboot my PC and I see the boot prompt of the boot0 boot manager but I don't get an option to boot the FreeBSD system I've just created. What's going wrong here?

Regards,

Atar.