Remove distribution sets

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at calorieking.com
Mon Sep 15 08:07:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Can one remove distribution sets from FreeBSD 8.x?

I've got a 8.3 machine with too much on it[1], but don't have control
over the installation of the OS. I'd like to remove everything except
kernel and base, but the only method I've found[2] is not complete.

TIA,
Greg.

[1] Per freebsd-update -r 8.4-RELEASE upgrade:
src/base src/bin src/cddl src/contrib src/crypto src/etc src/games
src/gnu src/include src/krb5 src/lib src/libexec src/release src/rescue
src/sbin src/secure src/share src/sys src/tools src/ubin src/usbin
world/base world/dict world/doc world/games world/info world/manpages
world/proflibs

[2] https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?&t=1136