A lot of pkg problems

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 13 22:09:53 UTC 2014

On 08/09/2014 09:45, Radek Krejča wrote:
> I am trying to install my computer today (new hardware) and I cannot install a lot of packages, eg. firefox, thunderbird, chromium, xfce, libreoffice.
>
> All is falling on message:
>
> Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
> pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
> cannot install package firefox~www/firefox, remove it from request? [Y/n]:
>
> All the same...
>
> I have deleted all packages and problem is still the same.

The 'Cannot solve' errors like that need to give some more information
about what is conflicting with what there as currently it's hard to work
that out.

What happens if you:

   pkg delete -af
   pkg bootstrap
   pkg install firefox

(assuming you're happy to delete all your pkg and start again from
scratch.)  If firefox is conflicting with some of it's own dependencies
then your best bet is to wait for this week's pkg building run to be
published (which should be happening over the weekend if it hasn't
already happened) and then try again.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--