Problems with pkgng repository - cannot install pkgs because catalog seems to be older than repository

Matthias Petermann matthias at petermann-it.de
Sat Sep 13 16:58:17 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am having a problem with installing packages with pkgng on FreeBSD
FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE amd64. For example when I try to install
Thunderbird:

root at ws1:/home/mpeterma # pkg search thunderbird
thunderbird-31.0

2) Install

root at ws1:/home/mpeterma # pkg install thunderbird

The latter cannot find the appropriate package. I just looked at

    http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/All/

and found out that Thunderbird is already on version 31.1.0 there.

Is there any way to force pkgng to refresh the catalog?
"pkg update" doesn't do the trick for me.

Thanks in advance & kind regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Petermann <matthias at petermann-it.de> | www.petermann-it.de
GnuPG: 0x5C3E6D75 | 5930 86EF 7965 2BBA 6572  C3D7 7B1D A3C3 5C3E 6D75