vim and cursor-over-"chars" question

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Sep 9 20:54:05 UTC 2014

=====
Of_Interest: With 28 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

	I should have asked this many months  ago, but it's time.
	--before I go Completely off the deep end.--

	how do I change the color of the cursor from green of blue to
	something lighter --can I have vim do it in orange?  the
	*original*  vi showed matching parens and braces only.

	Anybody know what to tweak in ~/.vimrc, or am I stuck?

	tia,

	gary

             Twenty-eight years of service to the Unix community.