htop alternative

Laszlo Danielisz laszlo.danielisz at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 11:35:01 UTC 2014

Thank you everybody!
htop it was not written for FreeBSD, as Andrew Berg wrote. This is the reason I'm looking for a replacement.

On Monday, September 8, 2014 12:51 PM, Andrew Berg <aberg010 at my.hennepintech.edu> wrote:
On 2014.09.08 04:54, Laszlo Danielisz via freebsd-questions wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you know any (Linux) htop alternative for FreeBSD?
I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I find myself switching between top and
htop. htop has a more useful layout and is much nicer to look at, but it lacks
some information in places (probably because it wasn't written with FreeBSD in
mind too much), whereas top fills those gaps (it is written specifically for
FreeBSD), but isn't as flexible in what it shows at one time or as pretty as
htop. There are of course some other programs in base such as ps and procstat
that can present information on processes in other ways.