xterm, screen and the "Home" and "End" keys

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri Sep 5 02:47:01 UTC 2014

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > > (not in "VT100")
> >
> > Works too, thank you.
> > How did you know?
>
> It was "an educated guess" (I maintain ncurses and xterm)

Great! Could you try and make another educated guess? ;-) What could
have changed in FreeBSD between 8.4 and 9.3 that caused this problem?

I have always used vim+screen on my FreeBSD 8.4 box at work from my
9.3-STABLE desktop at home (over ssh, from X). The problem with the
"Home" and "End" keys arose when I upgraded the work box to 9.3.

Of course the upgrade involved the update of all ports, so maybe vim
or screen are to blame and not FreeBSD per se.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru