Oracle JDK

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 29 15:29:42 UTC 2014

On 29 October 2014 10:54, Paul Pathiakis via freebsd-questions
<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone pointed out that the Oracle JDK will, again, be available.

We have support from Oracle getting access to the test suite, to
ensure that OpenJDK works properly in FreeBSD. I am not aware of
Oracle having any plans to release an Oracle JDK for FreeBSD.

If the bug exists in OpenJDK on other platforms as well then it will
need to be fixed upstream and we'll bring the fix in. If it's
FreeBSD-specific then I'd suggest submitting a PR with the details and
reproduction case if possible.