Why does svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/usr.bin/send-pr fail to svn up?

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Wed Oct 22 19:19:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 02:33:48PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert typed:
> Ruben de Groot <mail25 at bzerk.org> writes:
>
> > I deleted my /usr/src/usr.bin and then svn upped again. However:
> >
> > root at nessus:/usr/src # rm -r usr.bin/
> > root at nessus:/usr/src # svn -q up
> > root at nessus:/usr/src # svn stat usr.bin/
> > D       usr.bin/send-pr
> > D       usr.bin/send-pr/Makefile
> > D       usr.bin/send-pr/send-pr.sh
> > root at nessus:/usr/src #
> >
> > needless to say, buildworld fails on missing send-pr directory (which is listed in Makefile).
> > How do I properly resolve this (and is this a bug)?
>
> Well, you can certainly work around it by just removing it from the
> Makefile. It only exists to tell explain that its functionality was
> moved to the web.

Yes, I thought about that. Trouble was I found a lot of other files/directories missing
in the same way all though the source tree.

> > By the way, I am on 9-stable:
> >
> > root at nessus:/usr/src/usr.bin # svn info

[..]

> Which does still have the directory. I think what happened is that at
> some point you did something like "svn rm usr.bin/send-pr" so that the
> svn database thinks you want to remove it. "svn revert" should fix that.

I didn't. I think what happened is that a one-of upgrade by freebsd-upgrade on a server
otherwise maintained by svn - buildworld etc hosed the source tree. Anyway it's fixed
now. Thanks!

Ruben