freebsd-update - upgrade from 9.1-RELEASE to 9.3-RELEASE - requries all ports rebuilt?

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at calorieking.com
Wed Oct 22 01:14:30 UTC 2014

On 22/10/14 06:52, Warren Block wrote:> On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Karl
Pielorz wrote:
 >> I just walked a system from 9.1-RELEASE to 9.3-RELEASE using
 >> 'freebsd-update -r 9.3-RELEASE upgrade'
 >>
 > Normally, it should not be necessary to rebuild ports for a minor
 > version upgrade.  I don't use freebsd-update, but it might be suggesting
 > the safest way to do it, not necessarily that ports will not work
 > afterward.

Upon advice that we could probably ignore the warning, we've had no
trouble after upgrading 8.3-RELEASE to 8.4-RELEASE. We've slowly rebuilt
ports anyway, but that's more because of newer versions available than
because of this warning.