freebsd 10 : cold-boot freeze

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sat Oct 11 05:35:00 UTC 2014

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 540, Issue 5, Message: 19
On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:38:41 +0530 Mayuresh Kathe <mayuresh at kathe.in> wrote:
 > hello,
 >
 > my newly purchased hp aio works well with freebsd 10.0, just that after
 > a cold-boot, it just freezes during the boot-up process at the point
 > shown in image at the following link.
 > http://mayuresh.sdf.org/WP_20140926_001.jpg
 >
 > this is repeatable.
 >
 > i am more than willing to assist the freebsd team overcome this issue by
 > way of providing as much of diagnostic information as required.
 >
 > best,
 >
 > ~mayuresh

Hi Mayuresh,

I suggest posting this issue to freebsd-acpi at freebsd.org with a bit more
information about your system (uname -a etc) .. perhaps after checking
whether a recent 10.1-BETA CD or memstick boot still has this issue?

Sounds like you don't have this problem on a warm boot?  If that's so,
providing a (link to a) full dmesg after a verbose boot should help, but
people there will likely ask you for more specific details.

cheers, Ian