FOLLOW-UP: Mounting samba, some files are invisible

Martin Hanson greencoppermine at yandex.com
Thu Oct 9 21:56:02 UTC 2014

Now it becomes even stranger.

I mounted the share, went into it and tried renaming one of the visible directories.
Afterwards NONE of the files or directories show:

$ mv PythonGame PythonGame2

$ ls -l
total 0

Some really strange stuff is going on with mount_smbfs and I cannot continue wasting
more time on this problem. If I can't solve this problem soon none of the FreeBSD boxes
are useable in our setting.

The only thing I haven't tried is 11.0, but I seriously doubt mount_smbfs has been
changed that much.

What can possible result in all files in a directory going invisible because of a
rename?

Kind regards

Martin