Next Steps to Debug ZFS Hang?

Nick Sivo nick at ycombinator.com
Thu Oct 9 04:28:06 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

> Not sure if this will be helpful, but at least it shouldn't hurt:  When was
> the last time you ran a scrub?  Also, how much RAM do you have and where is
> your swap?  (The only times I've had permanent hangs from ZFS was when I ran
> out of RAM and was trying to swap to ZFS...)

The server has 64GB ECC RAM, and no swap at the moment. I've since
rebooted the box, but a scrub today revealed no errors, and there was
nothing in the console or any log files about disk or controller
errors or timeouts.

I was able to get kernel call stacks with procstat:
https://gist.github.com/kogir/49ff76f95b0b3be3e80e

Thanks,
Nick