oddball syslog entries ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Wed Oct 8 19:47:53 UTC 2014

On 10/08/14 14:37, Joshua Lokken wrote:
> On Oct/08 10:30AM, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>>> Very strange. The tcpdump tool is part of the FreeBSD
>>> operating system ("base"): /usr/sbin/tcpdump should be
>>> installed no matter what configuration change you might
>>> have included...
>>>

>> Hmmmm .... Well, it showed 1 as an available pkg, which is what I
>> installed, along w/ wireshark .... hope I didn't screw anything up :-/ ....
>>
>> --
>>
>> 	William A. Mahaffey III
> Do you have the following in /etc/make.conf:
>
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=c6
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=c6
>
> I was under the impression that that should tell ports not to
> use the f10 stuff in favor of c6?
>

> Joshua

Yes I do, put them in a couple of weeks ago when I began migrating over
to linux-c6 compatibility .... The problem seems to be that pkg isn't
aware of those settings & still reverts to linux-f10 because repos
aren't yet updated .... It'll clear up in a week or so, I just keep
forgetting about it & getting snagged :-/ ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III