oddball syslog entries ....

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Wed Oct 8 14:14:49 UTC 2014

On 10/8/2014 at 8:45 AM William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

|On 10/08/14 02:22, Arthur Chance wrote:
|> On 08/10/2014 04:01, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
|>>

|>> Over the last couple of days I am seeing some odd (to me) entries
in my
|>> messages file:
|>>

|> [irrelevance snipped]
|>> Oct  5 11:30:22 kabini1 kernel: Limiting closed port RST response
from
|>> 276 to 200 packets/sec
|[snip]

I see this log entry occasionally also.  Indeed, I saw it just this
morning.

The box in question is FreeBSD 10.0 and is used as an HTTP caching
proxy, which is why the Firefox mention upthread caught my attention.
 The box sits behind a FreeBSD 10.0/pf firewall.

I'll put into place the sysctl suggestion recommended upthread and
see what I find.

Thanks!