User and vendor packages (for pkg_* tools)

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 1 12:33:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 07:15, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A user has License to use an App and uses pkgng. The vendor has
> only packages for pkg_* tools.
>
> What the user should do? Is there a tool to convert old packages to
> new format?

There is no such tool. You would have to manually convert it to the new
package format by making a port for it. I think a skeleton port that
asked the user a few questions could do this automatically. I will
consider taking a stab at this, but I will have to locate an example to
test with.