looking for new netbook

Eric S Pulley pulley at dabus.com
Fri Nov 28 14:58:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:43:42 +0100
Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a new netbook laptop; my old EeePC 900 (from 2008) has

Why use a netbook when you can run a full i7 in the same form factor?
Power consumption has not been a problem for me in the year or so I've
been using it.

Acer V5-171-9620
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90GHz (2394.61-MHz K8-class CPU)
real memory  = 8589934592 (8192 MB)
GPU: Intel HD4000
Res: 1024x768 on native screen. 1080p on the VGA or HDMI port
Screen 11.6 <Yeah I know little bigger than average "netbook" but its
still very small>
Price: ~600USD New 18 months or so ago

This model is no longer made but you should be able to find something
simular. Acer has worked well for me historically for supported
components. I did have to swap out the WiFi miniPCI for one that worked
with FreeBSD. Good luck