looking for new netbook

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Nov 28 04:04:21 UTC 2014

In article <CAASDrVnok2YcCs7qJ1E+iXkWO1xVA_EPJmCJA=nr_jbp2etC-Q at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>Personally I haven't had so much time lately to contribute but I hope we
>can have FreeBSD running on Macbook Air soon...

I run FreeBSD in a a Virtualbox virtual machine on my Macbook.  It is
straightforward to have X clients in the VM talk to windows in the
native xquartz X server.

This works for me a lot better than native FreeBSD on a laptop -- my
last computer was a Lenovo X400 running FreeBSD natively, and I wasted
too much time trying to get Chrome and other third party X apps to
work.  Now I can run Chrome on MacOS, and the stuff under FreeBSD that
works better there.

Virtualbox is free, setting up FreeBSD under it is a snap, must download
an ISO boot image, and install on the virtual machine from that.